JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Account Manager is responsible for contributing to the growth of SMG3’s enterprise mobility sales and profits by selling to existing customers and actively acquiring new business. Working with sales, the Account Manager will be required to develop sales strategies that retain and expand sales through phone, email and internet prospecting to achieve monthly sales revenue and quotas.
To successfully penetrate new accounts, the Account Manager will work closely with their manager from Strategic Mobility Group and Channel Managers from the SMG3 hardware and software manufacturer’s community. They must be comfortable corresponding with customers via the phone and email and must have strong cold calling skills to penetrate new accounts.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and networking skills are a must.
- Excellent prospector and strong influencer, able to connect with a variety of different personalities at different levels.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills; ensuring that money is never left on the table.
- Competitive, goal setter, always looking to raise the bar on personal performance.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the industry
- Social media-strong LinkedIn and Twitter networks a plus.
The Account Manager is a direct sales position. This position is located onsite at either the Chicago (Fulton Market) location or Schaumburg location. The Account Manager carries a sales quota and is responsible for driving sales by:
- Identifies revenue opportunities with customers’ communities through communications, programs, and other activities as needed
- Prospects, qualifies, and generates sales within the company’s established trading partners
- Ensures suspect identification, planning, account qualification, and needs analysis at all prospect levels
- Telephones prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify, and drive leads through the sales pipeline
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained
- Coordinates customer training
- Handles inbound/outbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales
- Provides product demos to qualified customers on request
- Identifies and closes additional purchases of products and services by customers’ communities. Works closely with Support, Account Management, and Business Development
- Responds to requests from customers for information and gives online presentations
- Engages in technical discussions with potential clients through demonstrations and presentations
- Account Manager is responsible for developing and growing their pipeline. Sales funnels need to be created and maintained. We are a numbers-driven organization
- Technology background
- Experience building and generating a sales pipeline
- Develop demand generation programs and prospecting campaigns with specific OSR
- Able to develop strong business relationships
- Strong solution-selling ability
- SalesForce.com knowledge or similar CRM software
- Maintains strong understanding of SMG3’/Manufacturer’s product and service portfolio
- Regularly attends trainings and actively stays on top of new product launches and industry trends
- High energy, team player, “losing is not an option” philosophy
WHAT WE OFFER
- Base pay + uncapped target commissions
- State-of-the-art sales automation tools
- Monthly promotions offered for strong demonstrated performance
- Established database of prospects, referring partners, and clients
- Exceptional 6-week training program and ongoing on-the-job training thereafter
- Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
- Significant opportunity for long-term success with a career organization
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical/dental/vision/STD/LTD/Life Insurance) that starts 30 days of hire
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Safe-harbor 401(k)
HOW TO APPLY
Strategic Mobility Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are currently accepting resumes via email. Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.