Zebra ds4800 series barcode scanners
Elite performance, elegantly crafted
Your store represents your brand. You take pride in its design. The ambiance it creates is a big part of your customer’s experience, and you’ve worked hard to make sure they feel it the moment they walk through your doors. With the DS4800 Series, you can extend that customer experience right to your POS. This innovative bar code scanner offers style without compromise, marrying impressive design with the same great reliability, functionality and manageability you expect from Zebra.
The DS4800 Series offers the best of both worlds — scanning capability and chic consumer styling. The DS4800 Series will not only impress your shoppers, it will keep lines moving at the POS. It can capture any 1D and 2D bar code printed on a paper label or displayed on the screen of a shopper’s mobile phone.
Specially designed to complement the DS4800 Series and your environment, the optional Intellistand enables automatic switching between presentation and handheld modes.
- Form and function: The DS4800 Series brings a new level of style to your POS. This easy to use scanner can complement the most sophisticated, fashion‑conscious decor.
- High performance 1D/2D scanning: Capture every bar code that is presented at your POS — 1D, 2D, printed on labels, displayed on a mobile phone screen, high density, poorly printed, damaged and under shrinkwrap.
- PRZM Intelligent Imaging technology — only from Zebra: Resets the bar for 2D imaging by enhancing decode performance and snappiness, dramatically improving the user experience.
- Customizable to fit into your environment and promote your brand: In addition to standard colors alpine white and midnight black, the DS4800 Series can be printed with a custom design or your corporate color, as well as your logo.
- Fast and easy deployment: Configured to the most optimal settings for reduced out of the box user setup time.
Dimensions: 7.47 in. L x 2.61 in. W x 1.90 in. H 19.0 cm L x 6.6 cm W x 4.8 H
Weight: 6 oz. (168 g) including cable, cable weight = 2 oz. (53g)
Voltage & Current: 5VDC +- 10% @ 360 mA (RMS Typical)
Power Source: USB VBUS
Color: Alpine White & Midnight Black Supported
Host Interfaces: USB
Keyboard Support: Supports over 90 international keyboards
Skew Tolerance: 86° (measured using 100% UPC-A; ±3 degree accuracy)
Pitch Tolerance: 82° (measured using 100% UPC-A; ±3 degree accuracy)
Roll Tolerance: 360°
Motion Tolerance: Up to 20 in./sec.
Light Source: Aiming 606nm LED; Illumination: 640nm LED
Imager Field of View: 40° (H) x 26° (V) Nominal
Minimum Print Contrast: 20%
UTILITIES AND MANAGEMENT
123Scan ,Scanner Management Services (SMS), Zebra Scanner SDK
Environmental: Compliant with RoHS directive 2002/95/EEC
Electrical Safety: UL60950-1 2nd ed, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1 2nd ed, EN60950-1/IEC60950-1 2nd ed
LED Safety: IEC/EN60825-1:2001, IEC/EN62471:2006
EMI/RFI: FCC Part 15 Class B, ICES-003 Class B, EN55022 Class B, EN55024
Ambient Light Immunity: Max 108,000 lux
Operating Temp: 32° F to 104° F/0° C to 40° C
Storage Temp: -40° F to 158° F/-40° C to 70° C
Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non condensing
Drop Spec: Withstands multiple 5 ft. (1.5 m) drops to concrete
Tumble Testing: 250 cycles (500 drops) in 1/2 meter tumbler
Bar Code Symbologies:
1D: UPC/EAN, UPC/EAN with supplementals, Bookland EAN, ISSN, UCC Coupon Extended Code, Code 128, GS1-128, ISBT 128, Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII, Trioptic Code 39, Code 32, Code 93, Code 11, Matrix 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, Codabar, MSI, Chinese 2 of 5, GS1 DataBar variants, Korean 3 of 5, ISBT Concatenated
2D: PDF417, MicroPDF417, Composite Codes, TLC-39, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code, MicroQR, Aztec, Han Xin
Postal: Australian Post, US PLANET, Royal Mail 4 State Customer, US POSTNET, KIX Code (Dutch), UK Postal, Japan Post, UPU 4 State Postal FICS (Post US4), USPS 4 State Postal (Post US3)
The DS4800 Series scanner is warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 5 years from the date of shipment except for the cable which is warranted for a period of 30 days from the date of shipment. For the complete Zebra hardware product warranty statement, go to: http://www.zebra.com/warranty