Honeywell Thor vm3
Thor VM3 Vehicle-Mounted Computer
for the toughest distribution center environments, manufacturing facilities and freight operations
Disruptions in the supply chain are costly. Are you prepared to adapt? Organizations that are have a significant competitive advantage. Equipped with the Thor VM3 Vehicle-Mount Computer, you’ll be ready.
- The Smart Dock delivers immediate savings on support and maintenance costs while maximizing efficiency – undock the unit from one forklift and redock it on another vehicle in seconds, dynamically shifting workers and computers as the workload changes.
- The field-replaceable front panel reduces your capital and maintenance cost by integrating the two most wear and abuse prone components, the keyboard and touchscreen, into a user-replaceable part. A screwdriver is all you need. This feature also reduces capital costs by letting you substitute spare front panels for spare computers.
- The ignition control allows you to set power management preferences to save startup time and extend vehicle battery life.
The Thor VM3 computer supports multiple Windows®-based operating systems, so integration and application development are simple as your business needs grow. Case picking, truck loading, putaway and replenishment… the VM3 computer equips you to get the job done more efficiently.
And the VM3 computer lets you choose the options you need to maximize efficiencies in the most demanding environments – indoors, outdoors, in a warehouse, on a shop floor, or in intermodal facilities.
- Smart Dock feature enables mounting and removal in seconds, saving on support and maintenance costs while maximizing efficiency by allowing dynamic shifting of computers as workloads change.
- A user field-replaceable front panel reduces maintenance costs by allowing users to service the most wear- and abuse-prone components themselves rather than returning them to the repair depot.
- Built-in ignition control eliminates the maintenance expense and lost productivity caused by a dead vehicle battery.
- The Intel® x86 architecture and Dual Core 1.5 GHz processor enable superior performance in data-intensive applications.
- With support for multiple versions of Windows (including Windows CE), the Thor VM3 easily integrates into existing IT infrastructures while enabling an upgrade path for the future.
Computer: 318 mm x 260 mm x 62 mm (12.5 in x 10.3 in x 2.4 in); Dock: 180 mm x 155 mm x 54 mm (7.1 in x 6.1 in x 2.1 in); Assembled Depth: 104 mm (4.1 in)
Computer: 3.0 kg (6.65 lbs); Standard Dock: 1.5 kg (3.2 lbs); Enhanced Dock: 1.1 kg (2.4 lbs) Dock weights include mounting ball.
-30°C to +50°C (-22°F to +122°F)
-30°C to +50°C (-22°F to +122°F)
5% to 95% non-condensing
Independently certified to meet IP66 standards for moisture and particle resistance
EN 55024:2010 (enhanced ESD to 8kV direct and 15kV air)
MIL-STD-810F, composite wheeled vehicles
SAE-J1455 (MIL-STD-810g-4.6.6 Procedure V-Crash Hazard Shock Test)
1.5 GHz Dual Core Intel Atom E3826
Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC 7), Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES 7), Microsoft Windows 7 (Win 7), Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Enterprise (Win 10 Industry)
4 GB DDR3
Data Collection Engine for support of external scanners, Bluetooth® wireless technology configuration utilities, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft on-screen keyboard, Configuration Cloning Utility, Screen Blanking, Zoom Zone, Launcher
RFTerm and ETE Terminal Emulators, Enterprise Browser, Remote Mastermind (ReM) device management
WEC 7: 2 GB WES 7: 64 GB, optional 4 GB industrial mSATA secondary SSD Win 7: 64 GB, optional 4 GB industrial mSATA secondary SSD Win 10 Industry: 64 GB, optional 4 GB industrial mSATA secondary SSD
Intel HD Graphics Base Frequency 533 MHz, Burst Frequency 667 MHz
Power Supply & UPS
10 to 60 VDC isolated, optional external converters for AC (90–240 VAC) and extended range DC (60–150 VDC); integrated Li-Ion maintenance UPS with 30-min life at -30°C (-22°F)
Indoor: 307 mm (12.1 in) XGA (1024 x 768) LED backlit display, 400 NIT, optional screen blanking Outdoor: 307 mm (12.1 in) XGA (1024 x 768) LED backlit display, 900 NIT, optional screen blanking
Standard: Industrial touch panel with resistive touch and support for finger touch and standard stylus Multitouch: Optional industrial touch panel with Projected Capacitance touch for finger and conductive stylus; hardened glass overlay Cold Storage: Optional industrial resistive touchscreen with integrated defroster
Seven programmable multi-function keys
Audio for headset, integrated stereo speakers with adjustable volume control, integrated microphone
1x USB 2.0 powered host port, 2x powered RS-232 COM ports, 1x CAN-bus port, 1x headset port, DC power input and ignition control input, RF Antenna ports for Wi-Fi (2), optional RF ports for WWAN (2) and GPS (1); Enhanced Dock adds 3 USB-powered host ports and Ethernet
User-installable expansion slot supports 4 GB mSATA card
Honeywell SDK available for Windows Embedded Compact 7
One-year factory warranty
Optional three- and five-year service programs offer worry-free mobile computing
Optional software-definable (data only) 4G radio: LTE/UMTS/HSPA+/GSM/GPRS/EDGE/ EV-DO Rev A/1xRTT with data speeds up to 100 Mbps downlink and 50 Mbps uplink
802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi certified, CCX certified for data
Authentication: Support for a full range of 802.1X (EAP) types, including EAP-TLS, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, PEAP-GTC, LEAP and EAP Fast Encryption; support for static, pre-shared, and dynamic encryption keys, 40-bit and 128-bit keys, WEP, WPA (TKIP), and WPA2 (AES) Encryption Methods
Dual internal antennas, dual external remote and direct connect antenna accessories
WEC 7, WES 7, Win 7: Bluetooth 2.0+EDR standard, internal antenna Win 10 Industry: Bluetooth 4.0 standard, internal antenna
Integrated Assisted GPS (A-GPS) with fast position acquisition and low power consumption; included with WWAN radio