Honeywell's Genesis 7580g area-imaging scanner
Breakthrough performance and a versatile form factor make the Genesis 7580g scanner suitable for a plethora of environments
The Honeywell Genesis™ 7580g, the world’s first presentation area-imaging scanner engineered to decode all standard 1D, PDF, and 2D codes, provides enhanced productivity and revolutionary imaging technology in an elegant, yet durable design.
Powered by Adaptus™ imaging technology, the Genesis 7580g scanner redefines industry standards for imaging solutions. Breakthrough performance and a versatile form factor make this product suitable for environments ranging from manufacturing to healthcare to retail POS. Aggressive reading of barcodes on highly reflective surfaces, such as mobile phone screens, eliminates the need to purchase additional specialty hardware.
- Excels at scanning coupons and mobile tickets directly from the screen of a mobile device.
- Second-generation TotalFreedom plug-in development platform enables the loading and linking of multiple applications directly onto the scanner, eliminating the need for host system modifications.
- Improves document management by capturing and storing electronic images, including coupons, personal checks, signatures, and damaged packages.
- Flexible licensing solution allows current scanning needs to be met while protecting the option to upgrade scanning capabilities in the future by simply purchasing a license for the appropriate feature.
- Remote MasterMind™ management software provides a quick and convenient solution for IT administrators seeking to manage all scanners within their network from a single remote location.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 80 mm x 83 mm x 150 mm (3.2 in x 3.3 in x 5.9 in)
Weight: 340 g (12 oz)
Input Voltage: 5.5V DC ±0.25V
Operating Power: 2.0 W (400 mA @ 5V)
Standby Power: 0.5 W (100 mA @ 5V)
Host System Interfaces: USB, RS-232, Keyboard Wedge, IBM 46xx (RS-485)
Auxiliary Ports: EAS with interlock (EAS model)
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage Temperature: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
Drop: Designed to withstand 1.5 m (5 ft) drops
Environmental Sealing: Sealed to resist airborne particulate contaminants
Light Levels: 100,000 Lux
Scan Pattern: Area Image (832 x 504 pixel array)
Motion Tolerance: 200 cm/s (78 in/s) for 13 mil UPC at optimal focus
Scan Angle: Horizontal: 46°; Vertical: 28°
Print Contrast: 20% minimum reflectance difference
Pitch, Skew: 70°, 75°
Decode Capability: Reads standard 1D, PDF, 2D, Postal, and OCR symbologies.
Note: Decode capabilities dependent on kit configuration.
Warranty: 3-year factory warranty