Honeywell's 4850dr Document reader
Featuring 100% solid-state technology, there are no moving parts that can fail or require routine maintenance
For those looking to streamline recordkeeping, the 4850dr is a fullyfeatured document imager designed to digitize paper documents for simple and efficient paperless processing, storage and retrieval. Unlike traditional document scanners, the 4850dr has no moving parts, requires no regular maintenance, scans barcodes, and comes with a superior three-year warranty.
Powered by Adaptus Imaging Technology, the 4850dr captures crisp images of documents up to 8.5” x 11” or A4 formant, regardless of the paper or text color. An integrated suite of easy-to-use image enhancement tools can be used to sharpen text, improve contrast, reorient or magnify the image. In addition, built-in auto-cropping and an array of file configuration options and compression functions ensure optimum image quality and file size for your application requirements. The 4850dr also has the added flexibility of barcode scanning functionality, with the capability to read all linear, stacked, and 2D codes.
- Broad Connectivity Options: Supports TWAIN, SANE, and USB drivers, each with the imaging SDK library pre-loaded.
- BarCode Scanning Functionality: Provides the added flexibility of scanning linear, stacked, and 2D bar codes, eliminating the need for purchasing a standalone barcode scanner.
- Integrated Image Enhancement & Processing Tools: Tools to adjust captured images, including sharpening, contrast and digital zoom. A full range of automatic and selectable file compression options.
- Purpose-Built for Document Imaging: Imager, stand and document tray work together as an integrated document imaging solution and eliminate the need for adjustment due to varying document sizes.
- Versatile Document Imaging Performance: Adaptus Imaging Technology enables imaging documents up to 8.5×11˝ or A4 size, and specialized white illumination ensures crisp images regardless of document or font color.
- Durable & Reliable Technology: Solid-state components with no moving parts, backed by a three-year comprehensive warranty.
Illumination: Visible white LED, 434 nm and 556 nm
Aimer: Visible red VLD, 652.5 ± 7.5 nm
Visual Indicators: Green (for good scan) or image
Host System Interfaces: TWAIN, SANE, USB 2.0 Serial Port Emulation
Dimensions: (LxWxH) 383 x 340 x 365 mm (15.1 x 13.4 x 14.4 in)
Imager: 85 g (3 oz)
Stand: 2 kg (4.4 lb)
Input Voltage: 4.5 to 5.25 VDC
Operating Power: 1.75 W (350 mA @ 5 VDC)
Standby Power: 0.5 W (100 mA @ 5 VDC)
Environmental Sealing: IP40
Drop: 50 drops from 1.5 m (5 ft) distance (document imager only)
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (4°F to 140°F)
ESD: ±8 KV direct, ±15 KV air
Humidity: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
Light Levels: 100,000 lux
Scan Pattern: Area image (2592 x 1944 pixel array)
Scan Angle: Horizontal field angle: +/-25.5° Vertical field angle: +/-20°
Symbol Contrast: 20% minimum reflectance difference
Pitch, Skew, Tilt: 45°, 45°
Image Resolution: 200 ppi
Image Speed: 17 ppm minimum; 8.5” x 11.0” (A4) with image processing via TWAIN/SANE/SDKs
Image Format: JPEG: Compression scaled form 0 to 100; BMP: Grayscale; TIFF: Binary, Binary Compressed (Group 4), Grayscale
Decode Capability: Reads standard 1D, PDF, 2D, and Postal symbologies. Visit www.honeywell.com/aidc/symbologies for complete details.
Warranty: 3 year factory warranty