SMG3 in the News
Zebra expands the voluntary Recall of Power Supply Units (PSU)
SMG3 values your safety
SCHAUMBURG, IL – (May 24, 2015) – Strategic Mobility Group, LLC (SMG3) is committed to providing industry leading technology services and solutions, our top priority is to set a very high safety standard for all products sold and promoted. Our trusted partners have designed many devices that are manufactured to fit specific industry needs and have subsequently gone through a very thorough safety analysis. We strive to alert our customers and/or provide information about potentially unsafe, hazardous or defective products in a timely manner.
Models associated with this recall
We take the safety of our customers and the quality of our products very seriously. Items in bold below indicate devices associated with a recall. Previously checked inventory should be re-checked against the expanded recall period.
Please visit this page routinely for updated information on recalled items. We are confident that all recalled items and issues will be taken care of appropriately.
See below for recalled products:
- G-Series (GK420D/T, GX420D/T, GX430D/T)
- GT Series (GT800, GT810, GT820, GT830)
- LP/TLP Series (2724, 2824, 2824Z, 2824 Plus, 2844, 2844Z, 3742, 3842, 3844Z)
- P1XX Series (P100, P110, P120)
Actions you must take nowto ensure the safety of our mutual customers
- Determine if you sold affected models
Confirm whether your organization sold or distributed any of the above identified models of Zebra printers manufactured between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2013, or sold after-market PSU kits for these same printers.
- Notify your end users of the expanded recall dates and printer models
Leverage the communication templates and tools posted on the Partner Gateway to help your customers determine if they have affected PSUs, or refer them to Zebra for additional information:
- Recall Webpage – www.zebra.com/power-supply-recall
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free Phone: 1.800.658.3795 (US and Canada) or 1.972.893.1548 (International)
- Equip your sales and support teams with general information
Share this information with your customer-facing team members so they are equipped to redirect inquiries, as appropriate.