PARTNERING WITH STRATEGIC MOBILITY GROUP
MOBILE WORKPLACE AND PORTABLE POWER SYSTEMS
Converting a stationary workplace to a mobile one is the easiest, most economical way to increase productivity of your current workers and infrastructure. Newcastle’s Mobile Workplace and Portable Power Systems let you take your workstations wherever they are needed.
WHY NEWCASTLE AND SMG3?
Newcastle’s Mobile Workplace System means you can process the same transactions with fewer pieces of equipment (i.e. printers, computers, etc.) by converting to mobile workstations.
Quickly obtain measurable productivity gains without months of planning and implementation. Workstations are delivered and can be on the floor the same day.
The Portable Power System allows you to fully leverage your wireless facility by cutting the power cords and letting your workstations move to where they are needed – with your people.
Operators and managers now have access to data and real-time information anywhere in the facility because they can take their workstation with them.
No Additional Purchases
Mobile workstations easily integrate with your existing hardware and software systems, eliminating the need for additional investment or equipment purchases.
And, with SMG3, there’s a definitive way to do it.
HOW NEWCASTLE & SMG3 FIT INTO YOUR BUSINESS
WHY NEWCASTLE SYSTEMS & SMG3?
ENTERPRISE READY FOR THREE IMPORTANT REASONS.
Create Your Mobile Station
An on-demand label printing/PC station provides a simple way to implement mobility in your facility. A popular configuration consists of - Your high-volume label printer, your iPad, laptop or PC/LCD with WMS, and a mobile powered workstation. Eliminate costly footsteps, improve accuracy, and increase productivity immediately!
Pick, Pack & Label to the Cart
Picking is the most labor intensive and error prone process in the warehouse. Newcastle offers a NEW solution that is ideal for single line items, batch order picking, manual and RF picking as well as "Pick & Pack." The PowerPick Station is a lightweight aluminum cart with 8 hours of on-board power for your small printer, scanner and tablet.
Power Swap Nucleus
PowerSwap Nucleus enables productivity to happen by providing power to devices such as a laptop, tablet, printer, scanner and more for 8+ hours at a time. Once the battery charge is depleted, simply swap it with a fully charged one in a matter of seconds enabling a 24x7 operation. No tools or heavy lifting required.
NEWCASTLE EC SERIES
The NEW entry-level EcoCart mobile powered workstation is designed to provide true mobility within a facility, while eliminating unnecessary movement, touches and transportation wastes. This can result in improved dock to stock cycle times in receiving and on-time shipments in your shipping areas.
This lightweight, compact unit is ideal for powering a laptop, barcode printer and scanner for 8+ hours at time. At the end of use, simply plug your cart into a standard wall outlet to recharge.
- Reduce labor by as much as $10K per worker
- Increase receipts by as much as 60%
- Reduce improperly labeled products
- Reduce inaccurate inventories
- Process goods directly at the pallet or on the dock
- See your ROI in less than three months
Boost Your Dock to Stock Metrics with the New EcoCart
It’s easy to see just how much wasted motion was happening before the implementation of mobile power in the example below. Take a look inside your own facility, and you may be surprised to discover that many of the errors and bottlenecks you experience are due to unnecessary walking to and from a stationary workstation.
The Patented NB Series Mobile Powered Workstation by Newcastle Systems was developed to provide true mobility ANYWHERE in a facility.
NB Series workstations eliminate unnecessary foot travel and paperwork. Instead of walking back and forth from a deskbound computer to printers and other devices used for inventory management, process control, on-demand label printing, product testing, order picking, cross-docking, weighing, scanning, etc., all necessary equipment can be brought to where the work is taking place. Operators have real-time access to WMS, ERP, and automated data collection.
FREEDOM FROM CORDS = THE NB SERIES IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE TRUE MOBILITY ANYWHERE WITHIN A FACILITY.
- INTEGRATED POWER: Seamless rechargeable power and the ability to run up to 4 devices at once for 8 – 12 hours of normal use. Also available with NEW lithium power system.
- MOBILE: Compact footprint and 5″ locking swivel casters make it easy to deploy.
- ADJUSTABLE: Using a slotted upright system, the shelves and accessories can be quickly adjusted in seconds to suit the operator’s needs.
- MODULAR: A number of optional accessories are available and can be integrated in seconds. Create a highly versatile workstation that can be configured to suit any application.
- This mobile powered cart comes standard with (1) 24″ wide x 22″ deep adjustable height laminated shelf. Each unit can accommodate up to three shelves.
Need a Cart for Tight Workspaces?
The NB Series SLIM offers the same great features as the standard NB Series Mobile Powered Workstations, plus the new NB Series SLIM is only 18″ wide!
NEWCASTYLE PC SERIES
The PC Series Mobile Powered Workstation by Newcastle Systems has been designed to hold and power a variety of equipment, including a laser printer, yet also provides generous space to hold inventory.
- INTEGRATED POWER: Seamless rechargeable power and the ability to run several devices at once for 8-12 hours of normal use. *Lithium power now available!
- MOBILE: With high performance 6″ rubber casters and its narrow profile, it can be moved and positioned with minimal effort throughout a facility.
- ADJUSTABLE: Using a slotted upright system, the shelves and accessories can be quickly adjusted in seconds to suit the operator’s needs. It also boasts a weight capacity of 500 lbs.
- MODULAR – a number of optional accessories are available and can be integrated in seconds. Create a highly versatile workstation that can be configured to suit any application.
Do you already know what you need?
Newcastyle & SMG3: Suitable for every environment
With thousands of installations worldwide, Newcastle’s Mobile Workplace and Portable Power Systems have proven to increase productivity in a wide variety of workplaces. The most popular workplaces include:
Maximizing supply chain efficiencies are on-going goals of progressive organizations. Mobile workstations deployed in a wireless facility can help sup-port ERP and WMS systems to achieve optimal productivity.
- Incoming inspection and labeling
- Inventory control/cycle counting
- Order fulfillment and picking
- Outbound labeling
Mobile workstations support lean manufacturing principles that require greater operational flexibility. They excel in a manufacturing environment for tasks such as:
- Receiving finished goods before stocking in warehouse
- Labeling samples picked from assembly lines for quality control
- Making test equipment available throughout the manufacturing process
Performing tasks at the point of activity saves time, improves accuracy and keeps sales personnel on the floor, ready to help your customers.
- Shelf labeling, tag and sign printing
- Inventory management
- Line busting
- Mobile POS “point of sale” station
- Portable power for garden centers, sidewalk sales, concerts, and more
Mobile Powered Workstations are proven productivity solutions in other workplaces such as:
- HEALTHCARE: Mobile patient charting
- EDUCATION: Portable power for AV equipment, mobile registration, or orientation
- GOVERNMENT: Mobile station for explosive detection equipment