Orbit 7120 & OrbitCG 7180
Honeywell's Orbit 7120/OrbitCG 7180
omnidirectional laser scanners
scanners are ideal for retail operations
where counter space is at a premium.
Honeywell Orbit™ series scanners provide aggressive omnidirectional scanning in an award-winning design for retailers seeking an affordable, aesthetically pleasing scanning solution.
Orbit, the best-selling hands-free omnidirectional scanner of all time, presents an innovative, elegant and affordable solution for convenience retail applications where counter space is at a premium.
Compact, lightweight and rugged, the Orbit scanner maximizes customer satisfaction and employee efficiency with a patented 20-line scan pattern, an easy-to-find sweet spot and a scan speed of 1,120 scans per second.
Recipient of multiple design honors, the Orbit scanner’s award-winning shape enables handheld scanning of large, bulky
items. For added flexibility, the scanning head can be tilted within a 30° range to accommodate objects of various sizes and shapes.
- A 20-line scan omnidirectional pattern provides aggressive scanning as an additional benefit to hand presentation applications.
- The Orbit scanner has an engineered “sweet spot” to optimize scan performance and first pass read rate.
- An adjustable scan head enables users to tilt the scanner 30° for targeted scanning of larger products.
- Retail operations can protect their POS investment with free firmware updates via MetroSet 2 software and a standard PC.
- A built-in RF EAS antenna (Orbit 7180 scanner only) increases efficiency by simultaneously deactivating RF EAS tags and decoding barcodes.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 105 mm x 102 mm x 150 mm (4.1 in x 4.0 in x 5.9 in)
Weight: 400 g (14.1 oz)
Input Voltage: 5 VDC ±0.25 V
Operating Power: 900 mW (180 mA @ 5 V)
Standby Power: 850 mW (170 mA @ 5 V)
Host System Interfaces: USB, RS-232, Keyboard Wedge, IBM 468xx (RS485)
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage Temperature: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
Humidity: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
Drop: Designed to withstand 1.2 m (4 ft) drops
Environmental Sealing: Sealed to resist airborne particulate contaminants
Light Levels: 4842 Lux
Scan Pattern: Omnidirectional: 5 fields of 4 parallel lines; button-activated single line (7180)
Scan Speed: Omnidirectional: 1120 scan lines per second; single line: 56 scan lines per second (7180)
Print Contrast: 35% minimum reflectance difference
Pitch, Skew: 60°, 60°
Decode Capability: Reads standard 1D and GS1 DataBar symbologies
Warranty: Three-year factory warranty